Blogging from A to Z Challenge
This month I will be participating in the “Blogging from A-Z Challenge”
What is it?
Blogging every day. It begins on April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until I finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.
Sounds creepy, right?
I will admit I am a lurker and to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever described me as creepy.
So where do I lurk? Well, I hang around other people's blogs and check Facebook every day (okay, more than once a day). I'm not on Twitter as much and hardly ever check Instagram. When I do go on those sites, I guess you could say I lurk there also.
Now before I go on I want to make something perfectly clear, I am a lurker, not a stalker. There is a difference, you know.
Stalkers are predators. They hunt and pursue. I don't do that!
Lurkers, like myself, are frequent visitors but don't always make their presence known.
Although I will use the reactions buttons on Facebook, I seldom comment.
Specifically regarding blog posts, with only a few exceptions, I rarely leave a comment.
Just in case you are starting to wonder if there is an element of creepiness involved here, perhaps I should explain why I "lurk".
My top ten reasons why I don't comment on a blog or Facebook post.
10. By the time I read the post, there are tons of comments and I can't think of anything new to say.
9. I don't think the poster cares what I think, really.
8. For the posts from the witty people, I can't compete with your cleverness.
7. You don't comment on my posts, so... (so childish)
6. I'm too shy.
5. I have no knowledge of the subject matter and wouldn't have much to contribute.
4. My mother taught me that if you can't say something nice...
3. Although I enjoy reading topical and controversial posts, I like to keep those opinions to myself.
2. I'll get to it later, but don't.
1. The poster never responds to my comments or worse yet doesn't even post my comment.
But I must say, participating in the A to Z challenge has made me less of a lurker and more of a participant. And that is much more rewarding and fun!
Hey, you. Yeah, you over in the corner. What do you have to say?