Mondays are the only days that I have some sort of a self imposed routine. Change the sheets, water the plants, quick vacuum, straighten up.
Actually, after writing that sentence, I suddenly realized that Mondays are not really the only days I have a sort of routine.
Humph, wait a minute, isn’t my whole life routine?
regular, unvarying, habitual, unimaginative, or rote procedure
That’s how the dictionary describes the word routine.
Hey, now that I am thinking about it, I do do the same things at the same time every day.
- · Get up, grab my laptop, go into the kitchen
- · Take my medication (nothing serious) put the kettle on.
While drinking my tea in my “Contigo” stainless steel mug with the green top I:
- · Check my e-mail. (why? I don’t know. I never, ever get any personal e-mails)
- · Go onto Facebook.
- · Check to see if I have any Words with Friends moves to make.
- · Play my 5 lives worth of Candy Crush.
- · Read some of my favorite blogs.
After I finish my tea I:
- · Make the bed.
Then, while I’m still in whatever I have worn to bed, (not really pi’s, but like sweat pants and a tee shirt) I:
- · Put on my gray Keen’s with the orange striped shoe laces
- · Get on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes and listen to my book.
After my “workout” things kind of loosen up a bit.
By loosen up I mean that after I have adhered to the “strict” standards of my morning, there remain things that I absolutely do every day. But, I don’t necessarily do them in the same order or at the same time.
I know, I’m such a rebel that way.
So, today, I strayed a little from my conventional morning. It’s 9:11 a.m. Ordinarily, I would have been one quarter of the way through my tread/listening.
I wonder what effect this untraditional start of the day might have on the rest of my “Monday, but now I realize it’s actually my everyday”, regular, unvarying, habitual, unimaginative, or rote procedure routine.
As you might have guessed from the title of this post, I referred to Thesaurus.com to look up the word “routine”.
I could score big on WWF with that one!